Vast quantities of water running through the rivers of the...
Champions of the Environment Foundation (Champions) was formed in 2008 to address South Africa’s need for an all-inclusive, apolitical body driving ethics, justice, and transformation. Our aim is to involve stakeholders from each sector of society to support and protect all living things for the benefit of the whole community and future generations.
Steered by executives who work towards building stakeholder trust and confidence, bespoke projects advance the National Development Plan (NDP) and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG). Partnerships include Department of Environmental Forests and Fisheries (DEFF), Department of Arts and Culture (DAC), National Lotteries Commission (NLC), individual Traditional Leaders and international foundations.
Emphasis is placed on empowering women and youth from under-resourced communities to reach their personal and economic potential. Providing equal rights to women to access economic and natural resources, ownership and control over land and other forms of property, including the benefits of technology and the opportunities brought about by the 4th Industrial revolution (Industrie 4.0).
A long and rich history of researching and designing complex projects focusing on;
- Establishing ecologically sustainable communities by implementing effective systems of governance
- Creating employment opportunities in the field of conservation, land rehabilitation, and protecting the natural environment.
- Promoting public awareness and respect for South Africa’s diverse and rich cultural, religious, and natural heritage.
- Preserving and protecting the environment to ensure the sustainable development for current and future generations.
- Recognising the balance between the environmental, economic, and social components for sustainable living with an emphasis on food, water and energy security.
We are cognisant of the balance between the social, economic and environment for sustainable living with an emphasis on food, water and energy security while promoting the importance of renewables.
As a compliant service provider Champions is registered with National Treasury Central Supplier Database (CSD) ensuring good financial governance and peace of mind to our partners viz. international foundations, public and private sector donors. Champions’ main purpose is to raise and disburse funds, bound by the laws of South Africa, King III / IV, the National Development Plan (NDP) and specific objects of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG).
In order to run the business effectively and efficiently, the following compliance certificates are in place and current.
Champions of the Environment Foundation NPC – Co. Reg. No. 2008/007274/08
- Public Benefit Organisation # 930 036 191
- B-BBEE Level 1 – 100% black beneficiaries